Hermanos Ameijeiras Hospital Hospital in Havana, Cuba
- Speech and language therapy
- ...and more
On December 3, 1982, Commander-in-Chief Fidel Castro inaugurated this hospital as an institution created by the Revolution to provide the people with care within the scope of the best centers of its kind in the world. It received the name of Hospital Clínico Quirúrgico Hermanos Ameijeiras in honor of 3 brothers martyrs of the revolutionary struggle who grew up in the vicinity of the building.
This event meant for the revolutionary process a milestone in the development of the National Health System and evidence of a proven political will for the sector, materialized through comprehensive programs aimed at reducing or eradicating diseases and raising the quality of life of our population. More than that, it was a national scientific policy based on objective realities, needs, and possibilities.
Precisely, in his historic plea "History will absolve me", during the trial against the assailants of the Moncada Barracks, Fidel refers to the health problems of the people and makes known the popular and advanced program of the movement.
The revolutionary triumph meant the end forever of four and a half centuries of colonial and neocolonial rule, of oppression, of hunger, of unemployment, of discrimination, of outrages, of crimes, and of ignorance. This unstoppable process led in a very short time to the stage of socialist construction. The impulse was such that it can be said that the Moncada program had already been carried out in 1960.
At the end of the 1950s, the Batista dictatorship conceived the idea of constructing the building for the National Bank of Cuba, precisely on the land where the Casa de Beneficencia y Maternidad was located since 1852, a religious hospice built for the same purposes as the Institution. a charitable organization that since 1705 has been in charge of raising and educating helpless children or newborns abandoned by their parents for economic or social reasons typical of that distant time.
The idea responded to a whole strategy of consolidating Havana as a typical capital of the consumer society, with its hotels, casinos, banking houses, which responded to the interests of the oligarchy and North American capital, and all its sequel to rottenness and ignominy.
Reference center that guarantees highly specialized medical assistance through transdisciplinary care and integration protocols in all medical and surgical specialties and the use of advanced technologies.
Develops human capital through various forms of training and improvement of national and foreign health professionals and technicians. It encourages the obtaining of scientific degrees from its professionals and conducts clinical research in the field of health.
Distinguished unit of Cuban public health, where its leading cadres and other workers dedicate their efforts to achieve EXCELLENCE IN SERVICES, with high satisfaction of their patients, families, and workers, through the continuous improvement of the professional competence of their staff, the application of good medical practice guides and the introduction of new techniques in the areas of diagnostic and curative medical care.
General and academic training of personnel consolidated. Applied the results of biomedical research and increased the levels of scientific publication nationally and internationally.
Cost systems implemented as part of the quality and efficiency management of health services.
1. Provide medical assistance services in hospitalization and outpatient care to national and foreign patients, in clinical, surgical, and diagnostic media specialties.
2. Carry out a conventional and advanced surgical activity to hospitalized and outpatients.
3. Guarantee stomatology care in a prophylactic and curative manner to patients susceptible to complex surgery.
4. Execute training programs for specialist doctors, academic development of doctors, nurses, technologists, and others, through diplomas, masters, and doctorates, as well as training for national and foreign health professionals.
5. Carry out biomedical research and clinical trials in coordination with other scientific institutions, carrying out scientific publications and generalizing the results.
6. Carry out actions to promote health, epidemiology, hygiene, and hospital microbiology.
7. Prepare plans and prepare personnel in order to fulfill the measures foreseen for wartime and disaster reduction.
8. Convene and celebrate scientific events.
- Speech and language therapy
- Cancer Treatment / Oncology
- Ophthalmology / Eye Surgery
- Medical Intensive Therapy
- Anesthesiology / Anaesthesiology
- Dietetics or Dietology
- Pulmonology or Respiratory Medicine
Reviews for Hermanos Ameijeiras Hospital