Vein & General Surgery Clinic Clinic in Rogers, Singapore
- Anti Aging
- Botox Injections
- Consultation / Check-up
- ...and more
The Vein & General Surgery Clinic offers cutting-edge techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of vein conditions in Singapore.
Below you can find information about what conditions and techniques are used at VEIN & GENERAL SURGERY CLINIC.
1. Varicose veins represent enlarged, superficial tortuous veins that appear on the legs.
Physiologically the blood that is in the legs should be returned to the heart through the veins. Inside the veins, there are one-way valves that enable the blood to move from the legs to the heart and prevent the blood from flowing backward.
When the valves are damaged due to age, pregnancy, prolonged standing, trauma, or infection, the blood flows in both directions and accumulates into the veins, which makes them protrude on the leg surface.
To determine the cause and the location of the valve damage, a duplex ultrasound should be carried out.
When the diagnosis is determined, the doctor will choose the treatment that suits best your needs.
Varicose vein treatment may be carried out using the following options:
- Endovenous Laser Therapy
- Ultrasound-Guided Sclerofoam Therapy
- Conventional Vein Surgery
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
2. Spider veins are red, blue, or purple spots made by small veins, which can appear on the face, arms, or legs.
The causes that may lead to spider veins are not clear, but there are some risk factors such as prolonged standing, hormonal changes, and pregnancy that may cause them.
The treatments used for spider veins include:
- Injection Sclerotherapy
- Laser Treatment
Below you can find a more detailed description of the treatments.
- Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT) - is the latest technique used to treat varicose veins and is an alternative to conventional vein surgery.
During the procedure, a needle puncture is carried out into the thigh vein around the knee area, and a laser fiber is inserted there. The laser fiber uses heat to collapse and close the vein with the damaged valves. The procedure is performed under ultrasound guidance in less than one hour. Also, you will be able to walk immediately after the procedure and there will not be necessary to stay in the hospital after the Endovenous Laser Therapy.
- Conventional Vein Surgery is more complicated than Endovenous Laser Therapy but it is still recommended to patients who can not undergo an EVLT. The procedure requires hospitalization and a recovery period.
It involves an incision in the groin area and the removal of the damaged veins.
- Injection sclerotherapy is carried out to collapse the damaged veins via a sclerosant that is injected into the small veins. This procedure has to be repeated once in 6- 8 weeks before the results will appear.
The procedure is used in the case of spider veins, reticular veins, and small varicose veins.
- Laser treatment is a cutting-edge technique used to treat spider veins. The procedure is carried out in 30-45 minutes and it involves using the laser beam to collapse the damaged veins. The procedure is painless and there is no need for recovery time.
- Ultrasound-Guided Sclerofoam Therapy is used to collapse the veins by injecting a mixture of sclerosant solution and air called sclerofoam. This procedure requires multiple sessions that should be carried out 6-8 weeks apart.
Reviews for Vein & General Surgery Clinic