National Dental Centre in Singapore provides comprehensive care in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery, prosthodontics, orthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, and pediatric dentistry.
The center has highly skilled dental specialists, radiographers, oral hygiene therapists, dental technicians, and dental surgery assistants.
Below you can find information about some of the procedures and techniques that are carried out at the National Dental Centre in Singapore.
- Orthodontics is the field of dentistry that provides diagnosis and treatment of irregularities of the teeth and jaws. The orthodontic treatment aims to improve the oral health, function, and appearance of the teeth.
The orthodontic treatment is provided using removable or fixed appliances, called orthodontic braces.
The type of appliance that is suitable for you is chosen according to your problem.
Removable appliances are suitable for simple problems especially in children under 11.
Fixed braces are suitable in more complicated cases.
1. Invisalign is a type of removable appliances that helps to gradually straighten teeth. This kind of appliance has to be worn for 20-22 hours daily.
2. Lingual braces are fixed appliances attached to the back of the teeth. Their advantage is that they are invisible when the patient smiles.
- Bridges are dental prostheses that replace missing teeth by using neighboring teeth as support, creating this way a more pleasant smile.
Dental bridges are made of ceramic, a combination of metal alloys and ceramics, or zirconia, which is the most modern type of material used by dentists.
Before installing bridges, the doctor has to assess the number of missing teeth, the condition of the neighboring teeth, and the supporting gums and bone.
The procedure will require at least two visits on an outpatient basis.
At the first meeting, the doctor will trim the teeth under local anesthetic, and take a dental mold to fabricate the prosthesis. After the first appointment, the doctor will place a temporary bridge.
At the second appointment, the dentist will replace the temporary bridge with a permanent one.
- Dental Implants are suitable for patients who are missing tooth roots and want to replace them.
The treatment is carried out in 3 steps.
Firstly the doctor will ensure that your medical health, oral health, overall teeth structure, and bone volume are suitable for the procedure.
The second step involves introducing titanium roots into the bone, they will serve as roots for the future teeth. In case the bone or soft tissue is insufficient, there will be a need for additional grafting procedures before the implants can be installed.
The third phase involves choosing and placing the right prosthesis to cover the titanium root.
- Crowns are placed over teeth in case of decayed or fractured teeth, teeth with large fillings, and other minor problems in the natural teeth aspect.
The materials that are used to fabricate a dental crown are plastic, ceramic, metal alloys, or zirconia.
- Dentistry / Stomatology
- Consultation / Check-up
- Cancer Treatment / Oncology
- Emergency Services
- Pediatrics / Paediatrics