The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine Ophthalmology Clinic in Odessa, Ukraine
- Ophthalmology / Eye Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
- Lasik Surgery
- ...and more
“The FilatovI nstitute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine” was founded in 1936. Specialists of the institute have provided excellence in eye care for more than 80 years. Today the Institute is a national centre for cutting-edge ophthalmic researches.The Filatov Institute is Ukraine’s leading eye hospital providing expertise in ophthalmicdiagnosis and treatment.
The Eye Hospital of the Institute includes 9 specialized departments:
Department of Glaucoma and Lens Pathology.
Department of Corneal Pathology of the Eye.
Department of Inflammatory Pathology of the Eye.
Department of Vitreoretinal and Laser Microsurgery.
Department of post traumatic eye pathology.
Department of Burn Pathology.
Department of Pediatric Ophthalmic Pathology.
Department of Ophthalmooncology.
Department of Studying Biological Action and Application of Lasers in Ophthalmology.
There are 4 national centers of the most wide spread ophthalmic pathologies:
Centre of Pediatric Ophthalmology;
Centre of Ophthalmic Oncology;
Ukrainian Eye Burn Cente;
Ukrainian Centre of Ophthalmic Traumatology.
There are 9 specialized scientific experimental laboratories for the comprehensive examination of patients with a wide range of eye problems including the most complex conditions.
Eye diseases we treat:
- Myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism;
- Strabismus (squints);
- Corneal diseases;
- Vitreous diseases;
- Retinal abnormality including retinal detachment;
- Retinal dystrophies including macular dystrophy;
- Disease of the optic nerve;
- Tumors of the eye, eyelids, orbit and ocular orbital area;
- Ophthalmic endocrinological disorders;
- Diabetic conditions of the eye;
- Eye burns, complex treatment of early complications after burn.
Pediatric eye diseases:
- Congenital conditions including retinopathy of prematurity;
- Oncological conditions in children including retinoblastoma;
- Diseases of the eyelids and tear glands;
- Traumatic diseases of the eyelids, eyes, orbit and ocular orbital area;
- Lacrimal abnormalities;
- Inflammations of orbital tissues;
- Exophthalmus associated with disorders of the thyroid gland etc.
Over the years reputable specialists of the SI «The Filatov institute of eye diseases and tissue therapy of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine» treat patients from all over the world.
We created DWFA in order to help foreign patients to get full support from the moment of appeal to extract from the clinic.
We can offer our future patients:
- specialists proved by time and experience;
- progressive treatment methods;
- qualitative treatment process structuring throughout all stages.
Our goal is to accept and cure all patients with various ophthalmological diseases, to help to detect deep-seated diseases in time, as well as to find ways to solve any problems and provide high-quality service.
Clinic specialists will send the patient to the corresponding specialized department according to results of initial examination to receive ambulatory or hospital treatment.
The individual approach to the treatment of each patient, the effecacy of treatment methods and technologies, many of which are developed by the Institute of V.P. Filatov, advanced equipment and high diagnostic accuracy, experience and talent allows the doctors s to ensure successful recovery of vision.
- Ophthalmology / Eye Surgery
- Cancer Treatment / Oncology
- Chronic Disease Treatment
Reviews for The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine