COVID-19 Pandemic Overview in France
Currently in France: 31 July
- 6,190,334 confirmed cases overall
- 112,055 deaths overall
- 413,170 recovered by overall
Data for Last Day: 30 July
- 24,408 confirmed cases yesterday (0.40% increase)
- 60 deaths yesterday (0.05% increase)
- 432 recovered yesterday (0.10% increase)
Border & Travel Information:French President Emmanuel Macron on April 13 announced he was extending a virtual lockdown to curb the coronavirus outbreak until May 11, adding that progress had been made but the battle not yet won.
He said that by May 11, France would be able to test every citizen presenting COVID-19 symptoms.
Passengers arriving from a non-Schengen Member State are not allowed to enter France.
This does not apply to nationals of EEA Member States, Switzerland, passengers with a British passport, and those with residence permits issued by France.
Healthcare professionals and researchers working on coronavirus are also exempted from the travel restrictions.
Source: Al Jazeera
Why should you consider weight loss surgery in France?
We are able to refer patients to several Hospitals and Clinics in France. Our Bariatric Surgery Patients are Most often Refered to the Hospital Jaques Monod in Le Havre, France which offers the following features and Benefits for clients from the UK and The Republic of Ireland
• Modern, fully equipped medical facilities
• Highly experienced surgeons fully qualified bariatric surgeons.
• High quality of service. We strive to offer a standard of excellence.
• Shorter waiting times, Book Now and have your surgery in approx 2 weeks !
• English-speaking medical staff.
• Huge savings – save up to 40% when compared to UK prices*see below
• Personal assistance 24/7, each client has access to a personal contact to assist at all stages.
The modern Hospital in Le-Havre is the largest (French NHS) Hospital in France with over 2000 Beds, all in Private rooms, with Bathrooms e-suite. The Hospital has 12 Operating Theatres, which are all fully equipped with the latest technology and Equipment to ensure fast efficient surgical procedures.
Our team of English-speaking staff based in France can arrange everything for you, and will assist in the completion of all necessary documents for the consultations and operations. Your appointed surgeons will advice on the best procedure for your operation. Where overnight stays at the Hospital are required then your stay will be as a private patient in comfortable accommodation with full facilities.
In most cases the operations will be conducted the following morning after your initial consultations. Most surgeries require one or two nights at the Hospital post surgery in a private room followed by one further night at a local Hotel during which time one of the surgeons will visit you to ensure that the Surgeons are happy that you are able to travel comfortably and safely. Before you leave you will be given any medication needed, a letter of referral for your own GP at home, a recommended diet plan, a lifestyle and fitness plan, plus any post operative information you may require to ensure a complete and safe recovery.
Gastric Band Surgery
Patients who have the Adjustable Gastric band fitted are more able to achieve good weight loss results because the practitioner is able to monitor and adjust how much food the Patient consumes.
This is good for the patient as it encourages them to maintain the diets recommended by the Practitioners, and the Practitioners like it because it allows them to monitor the patients progress over time.
Gastric Bypass Surgery
This procedure is normally performed to reduce the size of the stomach by as much as 90% in an effort to radically reduce the volume of food a clinically obese person is able to consume at any one time. Gastric bypass is a very effective procedure and is done laparoscopically, where laparoscopes are used by the Surgeons to gain access through the abdominal wall through small surgical incisions. This method reduces the risk of infections and also improves recovery time for the patient.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Gastric Sleeve Surgery or Sleeve Gastrectomy is carried out by a qualified Bariatric surgeon who will remove approximately 60 to 80% of the patients stomach , leaving only a small tube (“sleeve”) which effectively becomes the new stomach pouch which extends from the natural stomach opening to the natural stomach outlet.
- Addiction Therapy
- Alternative Medicine
- Cancer Treatment / Oncology
- Plastic Surgery or Cosmetic Surgery
- Arm Lift
- Breast Augmentation Or Mommy Makeover
- Breast Implants
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Face Lift
- Forehead Lift
- MACS Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Nose Surgery / Rhinoplasty
- Thigh Lift
- Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass (gastric Bypass - Gb)
- Sleeve Gastrectomy (the Sleeve)
- Adjustable Gastric Band (agb)
- Biliopancreatic Diversion With Duodenal Switch (bpd/ds)
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Prostatectomy and Transurethral Resection
- General Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Ophthalmology / Eye Surgery
- Chronic Disease Treatment
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Consultation / Check-up
- Emergency Services
- Pediatrics / Paediatrics
- Sports Medicine