Berwick Surgicentre Clinic in Berwick, Australia
Berwick Eye is an ophthalmic day surgery established in 2000 that provides a large variety of services in the field of eye treatment.
The clinic has a highly qualified team of specialists with experience of over 25 years in the field.
Berwick Eye uses cutting edge techniques to provide efficient treatment for your condition.
Below you can see some of the certificates and accreditations owned by Berwick Eye.
- The Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS)
- Victorian Health Department (DHS)
- Member of the National Hand Hygiene Initiative
Below you can find some of the procedures that are carried out at Berwick Eye.
- Cataract Surgery. The procedure is suitable for people who suffer from the clouding of the normally clear lens of the eye. The procedure is carried out under local or topical anesthesia and involves removing the cloudy lens from the eye and replacing them with a permanent intraocular lens implant.
At Berwick Eye, the procedure is carried out by Dr. Hauptman who has performed over 15,000 surgeries. The doctor uses the safest technique, known as small-incision phaco-chop surgery, that is performed under topical anesthetic.
- Glaucoma is a disease that appears due to the blockage of the drainage angle, which prevents the elimination of the excess fluid out of the eye. The excess fluid pushes against the optic nerve and causes its damage and even blindness.
Further damage of the eye may be stopped with eye drops, oral medication, laser eye surgery, and surgery in the operating room.
- Diabetic retinopathy (diabetes-related eye problems) is a condition caused by the damage of the retinal vessels. In case you were diagnosed with diabetic retinopathy your doctor may choose such treatments as intravitreal injections or laser treatments to prevent further loss of vision.
- Eyelid surgery is performed on patients who have such conditions as excess eyelid skin, droopy eyelids, or eyelids that turn inward (entropion) or outward (ectropion). These conditions can cause eye discomfort, affect appearance, and limit vision.
- Common eye infections such as blepharitis, conjunctivitis, and uveitis are also treated at Berwick Eye.
1. Blepharitis is the condition when the eyelids are inflamed. The symptoms of this condition include eye and eyelid irritation, itchiness, and redness of the eye. This condition may be controlled with warm compresses, antibiotic ointment, artificial tears, or steroid eye drops.
2. Conjunctivitis is the inflammation of the conjunctiva. The symptoms of conjunctivitis include tearing, soreness of the eyes, hazy or blurred vision, and crusting of eyelashes in the morning.
Reviews for Berwick Surgicentre